Thread: DMSO Gel
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 01:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi numb,

Here's a thread where DMSO usage was discussed by several posters a while back. Dmso 50%

I buy 99.9% pharmaceutical grade off of Amazon and dilute it with vegetable glycerin and apply with a paint brush. 50-50 was the best as far as application ease (no drips) and zero skin burn. 70-30 DMSO didn't burn either, but the dripping can get annoying. It goes right through the skin barrier so make sure you wash your hands/skin prior to application.

Certainly not a bad thing to discuss with a doctor, but DMSO isn't likely in their wheelhouse, so there's that. Individual decision, like everything else. Hope this helps some.

*EDIT*

I forgot to mention - as far as my personal experience: I've applied DMSO to my shoulder, knee, ankle, and plantar fascia. And a lipoma. For me, there is an immediately noticeable reduction in pain for anything -itis (inflammation) related. My dad pulled a muscle in his shoulder a couple years back and tried it out - he raved about its healing/pain reduction benefits. Didn't do anything for the lipoma.

RSD-wise: It did not directly reduce RSD pain noticeably when I applied it, but I kept at it consistently for at least 60 days, applying a 50-50 dilution to the primary RSD site on an hourly basis (between 6-10x daily.) So the frequency could very well have had a positive impact. I did notice "tingles" in that area soon after applying - felt like very mild electric currents (nothing like RSD electrical shock zap flares).

Last edited by visioniosiv; 08-22-2016 at 01:44 PM.
visioniosiv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote