View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 08:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPSbe View Post
I am taking buprenorfin since 2004 (pain patch + sublingual pills for breakthrough pain). I wonder how this medication compares to the low-dose naltrexone.
Buprenophine is an opiod based medication and should not be taken with Low Dose Naltrexone (severe side effects may result).
From what I've read many people prefer to take LDN because it has few side effects and is not addictive like opiods and other meds. Often they've tried several other medications and encountered problems before trying LDN or they may not be able to take other medications due to interactions or intolerance.

Naltrexone (50mg) was originally developed as an anti addiction drug for opiods. (like Antabuse for alcohol) but was later found to be partially effective for pain relief, of some conditions, at low doses. It's also recommended that alcohol not be used concurrently with LDN. The links provided above contain useful information but as with all medications individuals can react differently (it's also useful to search subjects such as "LDN doesn't work"), as many of the sites trend towards being overly positive.

Here's a couple of other useful links:

https://www.ldnscience.org/

⭐Low-dose Naltrexone (LDN) Fact Sheet 215

I'd recommend reading as much information as possible before starting and depending on your conditions/symptoms to start low (1mg) and increase slowly (0.5mg or 1 mg every 2 weeks) - particularly if you have previously used opiods. Also recording doses, side effects, pain levels etc is useful to monitoring progress and efficacy.

Last edited by bluesfan; 08-22-2016 at 08:26 PM. Reason: spacing
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (08-22-2016), indigo (09-01-2016), PurpleFoot721 (08-27-2016), RSD ME (06-10-2017)