View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 10:38 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaledMot View Post
This has been a fascinating series of posts. I have had the fasiculations mostly in my legs for 14 years. It started about the time I started developing the strange symptoms in my feet finally diagnosed as axonal loss polyneuropathy just last week after an EMG. My neurologist essentially blew off my years of fasiculations as "inherited, certainly not ALS." I knew they were not ALS, having had them for 14 years. Come on. I find the fasiculations "go nuts" after certain sorts of exercise and other times, like right now, just sit there and flutter at a low level. I am rarely without them, but I have never had them with "electric shocks" as mentioned in the initial post. I will leave that to my largely dead feet and ankles with the random electric shocks and zaps.
Yeah, I've more-or-less accepted that nobody else in the world has my symptoms, but I'm continuing to eliminate possibilities every week and keeping detailed logs of my experience with the hopes of helping someone else one day.

The jolts only happen about once a month now. The latest things bothering me have been a) "baby kicks" in my lower abdominal area, typically lower right quadrant and b) upper back pain that gets worse w/ driving and better w/ massage and c) feeling weak (not clinical weakness) / fatigue.

I was told by a reputable doctor that these "baby kicks" must be abdominal wall muscle and not intestinal spasms, because I can easily see them. They make it hard to go to sleep sometimes.

Speaking of which, I've finally taken a mag supplement and not gotten diarrhea, so there's hope in that approach and I will continue to experiment w/ various types (e.g. Magnesium Malate, Chelated, etc) to see how my body reacts.

Now wouldn't that be a nice and easy solution?
slay2k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote