View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 11:04 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Pam,
Please no regrets. You are human; thank God for that. I think this was the right place for you to get some things out of your system. Of course you love him. You are the reason he is trying so hard. Also, part of the reason he is so angry. He does not want to disappoint you or himself.

No matter how this turns out, he has come further than he ever dreamed. If needed; he will in the future have to go thru another recovery. Hoping it will be the one that will last.

My daughter went thru rehab for cocaine addiction. The first incidence of learning all the steps and, as she put it; the tools needed recovery was staying at a 30 day/night facility.
She was clean for about a year; then relapsed. She had a few short attempts. Eventually enrolled in another rehab program.
Sherry did go thru rehab again at another 30 day program daily; but now they no longer had patients stay overnight. She was frightened to leave the facility at night being afraid she might relapse. There were times during some of the evening sessions where parents, significant others, etc. would be allowed to sit in with the counselors and the doctor in charged.

Thru my attending many of the group sessions ; especially the night when the counselor mentioned that nicotine was as addictive as cocaine; I was somewhat surprised.(I had previously mentioned having my last cigarette several year ago; this is how that came about.) As the rehab program continued, with my attending when invited; at times by her side; both of have been "cleaned for several years. Me;the nicotine addiction; her the cocaine addiction.

A few months ago she received her certification as a drug/alcohol counselor. I can't remember, at the moment, the complete title of the certification. She also works with the families of those addicted since they play such an important part in recovery. She is well aware often there is more than one recovery needed.

Good DB will be seeing his psych Friday. Are you ever invited to go with him?

Gerry
"Thanks for this!" says:
kiwi33 (08-23-2016), PamelaJune (08-23-2016)