View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 07:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Gerry, you and your daughter came out the other side and gained each a grounding perspective. Well done to your daughter & thank you for sharing.

They don't encourage partner / family attendance here in Aus like they do in the US. Not sure why, I think it would help, they tried it a few times in the group DB is associated with in its early days of inception, back in 2011. It ironically was the 1st time DB went to rehab and due to me being rushed to emergency NYE he discharged himself only 4 weeks into treatment, he never went back until 2015, 4 yrs later. I wish they did. I have asked if I can see him with his psych even just once, but she refuses, says will not see us both, have to find a different therapist for couples....

Anyway, he had a crapola day today, came home, had to go back out after an hour to buy some stuff for work, came back 30 min later and says to me " wow I have grown stronger, I didn't even think of booze until just then". In the past he wouldn't have even made it home. Sobriety still hanging in. Lapse diverted, again! I'm so proud of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Good DB will be seeing his psych Friday. Are you ever invited to go with him? Gerry
ger715 (08-23-2016)