View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 07:38 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Blues fan,

The reason the sites are overwhelmingly positive is because LDN has been successful for a vast number of auto-immune based diseases, which afflict a large population of sufferers. These people are in general thrilled that LDN is not symptom control. Their bodies are being healed.

Unfortunately, as you probably know, LDN will not work for everyone. I am not entirely sure, but I recall it is about 20% who will not respond and this lack of response is genetically based. OPRM1 Asn4Asp predicts response to naltrexone treatment: a haplotype-based approach. - PubMed - NCBI.

At some point in time we will be medically treated based on individual DNA, not via the kitchen sink method.

It is also known that most of the compounded LDN varies significantly in potency, so it is suggested that if a person is not responding to compounded LDN after 6 months he/she should seek another provider. However, if you mixed it yourself and you don't respond after 6 months plus it is likely you are in the percentage, who won't respond. That said, there is another factor that can interfere with the efficacy of LDN: Candida, yeast.

I am adding the following link, because it lists all the possible reasons LDN may not work:
When LDN Is Not Working - Dudley's Low Dose Naltrexone Sites

Last edited by BioBased; 08-23-2016 at 09:07 AM.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (08-23-2016), Littlepaw (08-24-2016), RSD ME (06-10-2017)