15 yr Member

Aussie:

I read your numbers:

Triglicerides are at 1
HDL 1.2
LDL 5
Overall cholesterol is 6.7
Just last year it was 5.2

Now my triglicerides are 92, my cholesterol is 170.

How can your triglicerides be 1, and your cholesterol is 6.7??

Are these australian numbers?? I'm not kidding. I'm trying to understand how a person's triglicerides can be 1, etc.

Educate me.

And for the question about flour. I don't eat anyting WHITE. No rice, no white flour, no pasta made from white anything. If I go to a japanese or a chinese restaurant I ask for brown rice. I don't even eat the low-carb pasta which is made from soy flour because that impacts my diabetes so I simply gave it up. I live on fish, chicken, veggies and salads with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I do have a baked potato with my dinner. That is MY ONLY WEAKNESS. I mean, we have to have one thing that we can indulge in and my indulgence is a baked potato. I remember telling the people at Cornell, "Well, I do have a baked potato with my dinner". And they laughed and said "you don't snack, you don't cheat at night?? " The found it almost impossible to believe because all the other people in the diabetic protocol at Cornell, well they walk in the door, and these people are over 300 lbs. And here I am, I lost a lot of weight, I don't cheat, I don't eat after 7 p.m. at night, I don't snack. I don't need to do that. I don't eat anything processed. I don't eat beef. They simply look at me and they go "how on earth do you do this?" and I said 'very simple" Years ago, I was stupid. I'm not stupid anymore"

They know what I mean. I don't mean everybody is stupid. I mean, for myself, years ago, I was told "you have diabetes, you better lose weight, get your sugar under control, or you will be sorry, you will have complications, you'll get joint problems, you won't be able to carry all that weight on your knees," blah blah blah. I didn't listen. I was stupid. My brain did not process what I was told. I was not ready to give up my hero sandwiches, my ding dongs, my cupcakes, my potato chips, my cheese dips, my calzones, my pizza, etc. etc. Well, I hit a certain age, I went to Cornell, I went to a nutritionist. I got UN-STUPID. And I stuck to it. Now, it's a way of life and if I could go back in time, for example, if I could make a video recording and go back in time to talk to my younger self, as I was putting a hero sandwich in my mouth, well I would have a visual representation of myself talking to myself. But we can't do that can we??? We can't go back in time and undo our thinking process.

Thank god I didn't get un-stupid at the age of 80. I still have a shot of some years ahead of me, with a slightly healthier body and a much healthier body-building husband.....lol

So explain the triglicerides numbers, okay???

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote