Thread: Joan M.
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 12:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HI SUE,
well yes i have some problems from the years in the cast, and all the 'hands on' by too many people, and also my mother abused me while i was in the bosy cast so that did not help ... so i ended up with claustraphobia, i believe from the anesthesia mask since i always got extremely sick from the gas so i do not like anything covering my mouth, and i do not like just anyone getting to close to me or hugging me, i do not like to be held down, like if someone is fooling and hold you down .. no way. i am not very trusting. no turtles, but i can see that ... yes, that makes sense. we were like turtles in a way. i am uncomfortable in any situation that i am not in control of ... so yes, it leaves it's mark. my therapist says i have post traumatic stress from it all and from the abuse. but i love many things in my life, my art, my kids and grandsons, animals ... i mist tell you i have recently adopted two water turtles!! i will look at them differently from now on, and study how their 'casts' affect their lives. i think theyare quite graceful in the water and sitand watch them often. it is mesmerizing. i also love my cats and parakeets. i am a nature person and garden when i can too.
i am hoping your doctor trip went okay and hope you let me know what the doctors think is your best route now. seems all we do with our lives is adapt to whatever is thrown our way.
so keep me posted. lovingly, joan