View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 01:17 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default more gut-brain connection- Is this you?

Is this you???
Similar to previous but i think it's worth emphasizing-The more I pay attention the more convinced I am that the state of my gut is the strongest driver of daily as well as more prolonged fluctuations in my Parkinson's symptoms. I am quite certain that this phenomenon is worsening over time--as every time I think i can go back on my "old" diet I pay a heavy price. As I've said before- because of the Entacapone in Stalevo- I can tell how much drug I am absorbing based on the color of my urine ( accounting for how much water I'm drinking). It is becoming predictable- when I'm having a bad day for a reason that isn't clear- within hours to a day i will have some bowel issue-- for me more diarrhea than constipation--as I use fiber and Miralax daily. When I have this "bug" or dysbiosis (leaky gut due to changes in my bowel bacteria) or both or ??-- I will have more gas-more bloating-my urine will reflect that I am getting much less drug into my bloodstream and if I eat dairy, simple sugars or starches -- I feel like "crap"- stiffer-slower-more tired and brain fog-- this is quite distinct from the predictable interaction with ingested protein--- the only silver lining is I know that with time and getting back to a "better" diet- taking probiotics- and quite possibly having a viral syndrome resolve- I will get better-! Sorry again- but what a "pain in the ***"
schwad01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
backpacker11500 (08-29-2016), badboy99 (08-26-2016), billybiffboffo (08-25-2016), fbollaci123 (08-26-2016), job1119 (08-25-2016), moondaughter (08-26-2016)