View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 12:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I like that 10,000 wishes quote... I might save that one. Well put.

Let's see, over the course of my run with this stuff I've done chiropractic (didn't work), accupuncture (occasionally helped, but the effects seemed pretty temporary, though my accupuncturist was not all that good), some weird physical therapy called "matrix repatterning" (worked a little, but not much), somatic/gestalt therapy (helped a bit with anxiety, but not much else), anti-depressants (didn't help at all), hypnotism (caused me to have a complete breakdown the first time I did it, but now I'm doing it again and it's doing GREAT things), cranio-sacral therapy/bodywork (has done absolute wonders for me), and a kind of light therapy that my practitioner calls "fight or flight therapy" (basically ended my pronounced panic attacks, and I believe made the cranio-sacral therapy and hypnotism therapies far more effective than they would have been on their own).

There are a couple of other therapies that I am investigating right now in case the stuff I'm currently doing doesn't completely get rid of my ills... there's a new kind of brain wave therapy called Brain State Technologies that an old therapist of mine is using (he claims to be getting really positive results from car accident people, which is the group that most PCS people can be lumped in with as far as general traumatized people go). Also, my light therapy guy recommended something called Eyelights, which are these glasses that you wear for half an hour a day or something that flash lights in front of your eyes and have the end effect of exercising your brain. That same light therapy guy is also treating people with this new kind of supplement therapy, that apparently is the first attempt by medical science to treat people's problems using the principles of quantum physics... it sounds really interesting, but I don't think I'll try that one unless I've got nowhere else to go.

All that said though, I'm really close to being completely back online, I can feel it, and I seem to be getting better each and every week, so I think at some point I'll go in for therapy and realize afterwards that there's just nothing left to be fixed. That's gonna be a good day.
PCS McGee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote