Thread: Shoes as casts
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 04:41 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Bio, I can't tell you how many shoes I've gone through in my search for ones that work! I have Goldilocks for a foot.

I am so pleased to read of your progress over the last year. You are amazing! I know you will keep getting stronger and the right shoes will help. It is worth the effort to find something right for you and not to settle. I have made a lot of progress but my footwear is still ultra-important and contributes directly to how comfortble I am and what I can do.

I do well in sports sandals that have good shock absorption, a cushioned footbed and multiple adjusting straps. MY go-to shoes that I love and live in are the Ahnu Moonstone (this is a photo only, didn't know if I could post a retail link)http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits...&sh=946&sm=fit

These are flexible, adjust at the ankle, toe and heel strap and are comfy yet sturdy enough that I can walk a mile in them.

I also like the Teva "Tirra". It has a little more arch and no adjustable heel strap but is another good sturdy yet flexible option.

For athletic pursuits, I have two options. The Nike Free Connect TR is a minimalist trainer with flexible sole, low 4mm heel rise and a softly constructed shoe body. No rigid heel back and soft materials make it super comfy. They are great for walking and in the idea family Neurochic suggested but with a traditional toe box.

The other is the Brooks Launch which is kind of a hybrid trainer. It is less rigid than a regular trainer but offers better stability and shock absorption than the Nike Free series. They are good for anything with much impact and block some of the kickback from walking on pavement.

Keep up the good work!

Shine Your Bright Light

Last edited by Littlepaw; 08-25-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (08-26-2016), PurpleFoot721 (08-27-2016)