View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 12:05 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Adenium,

I missed 10 months of work in 2014.

Last summer 2015 was a year plus after my accident. I was a total rookie at work. I have been doing my self employed job for years and I simply could not make decisions, any changes to schedule which happens everyday in my work where absolutely frightening to me. I had to ask my son and son in law many times if I was doing something correct. My daughter had to drive me around in the afternoons because by then my head hurt badly and any thinking was foggy beyond the one immediate task in front of me.

This summer, 2016, two years post, while still dealing with limits in some areas of life I was much more the capable veteran at work. I felt and mostly thought clear again and was able to deal with the daily changes and disruptions to schedules in a smooth manner. I rarely needed my daughter to drive for me.

As Mark said you will find ways to work around what ails you...be patient, clever and forbid yourself thinking you are failing because you aren't currently the same. You will be surprised at how resilient you can become.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark in Idaho (08-26-2016)