View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 04:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

You have described my journey. I am in the gastric, migraine, muscle spasms portion right now. I am very aware of my CRPS limb. It seems bigger, heavier and "nervy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by visioniosiv View Post
numb,

It took around 120 days for the primary 24/7 RSD burn to go away. You know that weird RSD "feel" that's a combo of feeling like the affected body part isn't yours somehow, plus that damn burning? I woke up in the middle of one night and realized that my leg was "mine" again, and the burning had essentially disappeared. Pain reduction was happening gradually before that, but I was still anywhere from a 1 to a 5 on the pain scale to that point. I still remember the recovery of my leg as "mine" again as clear as day.

The primary swelling and inflammation was fairly reduced by then; I'd say about 75% better. Still a lot of redness in the skin though, and it took at least another 6 months for that to clear up. And lots of other "lesser" symptoms like muscle weaknesses, migraines, heart palpitations, gastric reflux, muscle spasms, sweating, etc took 6-12 months to resolve too.

Since then I've stubbed my toe, gashed my skin, and had several deep bruises. Used to get stressed out and immediately apply DMSO, superdose Vitamin C, do visualization techniques, etc. Think about it less and less the more time goes by.

Things like sugar and alcohol and caffeine still set off a weird tingle if I overdo them. Also, and especially --- the act of thinking about it (right now for example) sets off a definite tingle. It is not painful; it's just a vague "nervy" feeling.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
visioniosiv (07-29-2019)