View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 12:31 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Red face

Thanks Bud! It is hard accepting that there are things that I cannot do, cannot process, cannot remember, cannot keep straight. I am working now at a new job and it is part time and I am struggling with getting it right. I feel like I should be able to handle this situation that is chock-full of details, many of which are new and many of which I have not dealt with for ever six years.

In addition to the brain injury, I am also grieving the loss of my father - I am seven months out from that devastating loss. We were very close and I cared for him as he went downhill form Parkinson's Disease. In the beginning I was totally floundering and could not really cope with anything. Four months out from that, I was beginning to get my feet under myself again, and then this woman tried to pass me on the inside of a right hand turn, accelerating as she slammed into and spun my vehicle.

I don't want to admit that I am vulnerable and have limitations. It is against the coping mechanism I learned to get through life with, but this "coping mechanism" is counterproductive to my recovery. The more I fret and try to pretend all is well and I am limitless, the worse I feel. Acknowledging this actually makes me feel better. I am trying very hard not to panic about my future...
Adenium is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote