View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 07:47 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Sinus Perforation after Wisdom Tooth Extraxtion

Hey everyone!

Last Friday, 8/19th I went into my Dentist office to get my 4 wisdom teeth removrd. During my pre-op discussion I was told that all four teeth were very straight and fully erupted, I could get it done with just local anesthisa.

Went in and after removing my upper right wisdom tooth they stopped and said that with the tooth they removed some bone as well and now I have a sinus Perforation. My Dentist told me it would be wise for me to let that heal before getting the others out.

She packed it with something white and sutured it closed with silk. I've been on antibiotics, Sudafed, and Ibuprofen. It's been 7 days since the operation and I still have a lot of mucus leaking into my mouth. I haven't experienced any air flow or anything from my mouth go into my nose but when I put pressure on my right cheek, mucus leaks into my mouth. I also have had no congrstion or nasal leaking. It's pretty foul smelling and it's a light yellow, mostly white color. I do have some allergies in general but they're mild.

The silk sutures and the white material have both started to fall out and are sort of just dangling. It's the weekend so I have to wait until Monday for her to take out the stitches.

My question is what is the general timeframe of healing and when should I start to be worried. For a couple of days I had really bad sinus symptoms with very painful pressure in my cheeks and temple. They've since subsided but I'm afraid they'll be back. I've had no dental issues and the only reason why I was getting my wisdom teeth out is because it's hard for me to brush them.
Ejamal313 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote