View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 04:00 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

billzare,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Congrats. New babies are quite an adventure.

Your sleep quality may be a big part of your symptoms. PCS with lack of good sleep is miserable. I wish I had a recommendation....

1) The computer screen could be too much to process. When MS went to Office 2007 and added the ribbons bar with all of the different fonts, etc., It destroyed my ability to work in Word. My brain sees too much information to try to process. I had used the prior versions for almost 15 years and could type hundreds of pages. Now, I struggle to type just a few. I need Ubit Menu to even get anything done.

If there is a way you can reduce the visual images to simplify your visual work load, you may do better.

You may need a vision exam by a behavioral optometrist. You could have convergence issues or other vision issues that need to be addressed. Check NORA.cc Health Care Locator Custom for a list of providers.

2) Again, vision may be an issue. In the car, the dashboard does not move. On the bike, the ground beneath you is moving and requires visual processing. Some have visual struggles in near range, some at a distance.

Do you wear glasses, bi-focals or progressives ? They can add to the struggles.

Check out the Vitamins sticky at the top. Brain nutrition is important. All the more with the sleep stress of a new baby.

3) Use the ear plugs before problems arise. It is often easier to prevent or reduce a trigger than respond to the problem.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote