View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 06:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFoot721 View Post
The week of September 12, I begin a 5 day outpatient Ketamine treatment. I did not ask what dose he starts at, but I do know that he will titrate the amount of Ketamine to 1 mg/kg. He recommended that I bring a book with me as it takes around 4 hours each day, but from what I have heard about the experience of other members on here, I am likely to just want to close my eyes and relax, especially since there will be Versed mixed in to help me do just that. I will have a pair of headphones and my phone that has a few playlists to help as well. I do not know if a PA keeps an eye on me, or a nurse while the Ketamine is administered, but the PM will check up on me briefly at least once every day. My biggest concern is having an IV started every day for 5 days straight.

Anybody that has had an outpatient Ketamine infusion, do you have any advice to give, any questions I should ask, or anything that I should be aware of before going in? I would like to hear the experience of anyone else that has gone through this as well. Even if I know your story, new and old members come and go on this site often, your posts may have been missed by someone else that may be interested in it.
I went through IVs of bisphosphonates (5 in a row + hospital stay). Normally they only give you one a week, but my case is complicated and so I got one IV every day for 5 days straight. I know what it's like to be hooked up to an IV (of course not w/ Ketamine). Good luck!
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (08-28-2016), ger715 (08-27-2016), Littlepaw (08-27-2016), PurpleFoot721 (08-27-2016), St George 2013 (09-03-2016), zinnia (09-18-2016)