View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 01:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Banged head getting off subway - Feeling depressed and scared

Hi everybody,

Thank you for taking the time to read this. These last two weeks have been terrifying. I have received another setback while recently getting off the subway. As I got up from my seat, I banged my head on the pole above me. Instantly, thoughts of sadness, depression, and overall despair crept in and has taken over my life.

This is my third post on this site and the third concussion in the last 2 years that has impacted me. I had a boxing incident at university where I suffered my first concussion and then I was rear ended a year later when driving. I feel like my memory has taken a huge toll and when I talk I often can't find the words to complete my sentences. I really can't remember what I did even 2-3 days ago which makes scared beyond all belief. This combination, along with the feelings of awfulness, has made it very difficult to get up out of my bed every morning. If it weren't for work, I would spend everyday in bed. Sorry for being negative but overall I feel like death.

I am 24 years old now and turning 25 later this year. I can't live with the idea that I am having memory deficits at this age. I feel like this is all my fault and that I have wasted this beautiful opportunity at life that I was given.

Thanks for listening. I wish everybody here all the best.
islesftw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mari (08-28-2016)