View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 06:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbollaci123 View Post
Hello backpacker11500,

You said you have been off meds for 15 years now. Could you elaborate on that? Does it mean you have been able to eliminate PD symptoms on your own - perhaps using neuroplastic concepts like John Pepper? Any information will be helpful.

Thank you,
fbollaci123
I control most symptoms at least as well as I see compared to those on meds. I seem to have fewer issues than those on meds. I did the meds for 4 years 7 years ago and was promptly addicted and sick to just about all of them...it took me 2 years to quit them......side effects and short effective span for the meds is a bad trade off for PD. I struggle for certain....I obviously have pd when you look at me but I don't feel as bad as I did on the meds and from years of reading complaints about side effects and wearing off etc. on this site and others I remain convinced the pill route is a scam plain and simple.....people mention how the pills change their lives for the better and 2-3 yrs later they come back with 10 times the complaints and new sets of pills. Just an opinion but I have been at this for a long time additionally....I have pd induced lung disease and the meds don't address that well...they keep wanting steroids but duh....steroids don't help with rigid chest wall muscles and diaphragms.....

peace!

BP
backpacker11500 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fbollaci123 (08-29-2016)