View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 01:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

ditto Jo.

My back pain originated in the area where c8 was wrapped around my rib. I was told that the inflammation they saw during surgery was in the top 10% of any nerve inflammation they had seen. It is my biggest complaint and so far has not been helped by my surgery

I am hopeful that if I am patient that nerve will calm down in time and I will feel better. I have had temporary relief when my hellerworker woudl release back muscles. He told me that the rhomboids and traps tend to get stuck together....Hopefully when I do hellerwork again and the muscle is realeased now that the nerve compression is releived, it will be more likely to last.

I must point out that in my MRN with Dr Filler, he was very sure that my rib was not contributing to the compression of my BP, recommended just the scalenectomy, and yet when Dr Ahn operated, my nerve was wrapped around my rib quite badly, hence the severe inflammation.

Dawn, I woudl really encourage you to visit Dr Jordan and let him do an ultrasound on the area. He can see stuff that many other techniques cannot. He can't see everything, but he had some interesting comments for me about post operative scar tissue from various surgeons, so I KNOW he can see a bit of that.

The procedure is not that expensive, I had one in March and the bill to my insurance was $390.

Like Jo, it is brought on easily by computer work for me, and is the reason I can't sit in a chair for too long.

I wish you luck...
Johanna

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote