View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 10:03 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question

It looks like a doe with 3 maturing fawns (who have some of their spots still). Triplets do occur with deer, but rarely and only when food is plentiful.

It looks like to me after I zoomed the image that they are lying
on some blackish material which is in the canoe...maybe smooth gravel or dirt? It may be that whoever took the photo or who lives in that area has been feeding them and therefore they are used to people and somewhat tame. A plentiful food source = more possibly twins or triplets could survive. We have had twins upNorth at our place, but I have not seen triplets there.

It is a great photo though IMO! The blue color of the canoe adds considerably to the situation as well, elevating the deer to artistic status.
It is possible the dirt in the canoe was intended to be a small garden on the shore, but the deer came, and ate the flowers and just moved in? Maybe they are like cats with boxes, and see a "bed" or safe haven inside the canoe?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PurpleFoot721 (08-30-2016), St George 2013 (09-03-2016)