View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 11:54 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan Cyclist View Post
Good point Soccertese. I have a strong reaction of nausea with generic Requip and no negative reactions at all to the non-generic Requip, except of course, the reaction to the difference in price!
back in 2004 i was in a clinical trial for a new agonist called SUMANIROLE and in the first phase of the trial you received either REQUIP or SUMANIROLE, in the second phase it turned into an open lable trial and everyone got SUMANIROLE. In both phases you dosed up to an effective dose. I think i dosed up to 6mg and could tolerate both drugs just fine, at the time there was no generic requip. The trial was shutdown when PFIZER, which made REQUIP, bought PHARMACIA, which made sumanirole. There were only 3 people in the trial at my location!! But one advanced pd'er did much better on sumanirole. After the trial i went on mirapex, can't remember why, then tried requip and finally just sinemet. Last year i tried generic requip and couldn't tolerate .125mg. so stopped there and didn't try the brand because of cost. I guess my point here is i think how well someone does on requip vs mirapex might also depend on which generic you get. So someone might want to try the brand name. Might be opening a can of worms especially since it takes weeks to dose up, even though i think you should be able to switch back and forth between generic and brand and even requip and mirapex.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote