View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 01:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No DBS for this kid....ever.....but that's just a personal choice like not taking the meds....I feel like im well versed in the subjects surrounding ablative procedures etc after 15 years of data compilation, a solid background in medication administration and a background in O. Chem....im glad you've made a comfortable choice....my good friend had DBS (twice due to screw up) with an accompanying nosocomial infection (MRSA) infection (not uncommon) and of course was told its only good for 7 yrs so 7 short yrs later dbs is ready to quit....that's no way to live in my opinion....additionally my uncle had dbs and that has effected his gait and speech and little benefit for only 2 -3 years.....my grandpa had pd my uncle my brother my cousin and me.......ive lived with it in a close setting my entire life, observed first hand the varying effects of meds on my family with pd ....and...."mistakes" placing the DBS have apparently similar stats on irreversible damage to the speech center as well as gait issues (depending on where you look), as the newer ablative processes. As I'm sure you know....

Thermal necrosis is actually heating the tissue until it dies....

.....The fundamental principles of HIFU ablation are coagulative thermal necrosis due to the absorption of ultrasound energy during transmission in tissue...... (World J Clin Oncol. 2011 Jan 10; 2(1): 8–27)

With MRI guided FUS.....the morbidity and mortality stats associated with "errors" are looking to be diminished extensively........so far......

peace

BP
backpacker11500 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote