View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 05:22 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I'm really sorry to hear about your accident.

Last year I had a similar event with LOC and amnesia. I destroyed my helmet and would have had a severe tbi or would be dead without it. I am a masters level Cat. 3 cyclist and was training for the upcoming road season. Needless to say that my season was over and indeed I will never race/compete on the road again! My biggest mistake was really underestimating my symptoms and recovery time and pushed way too hard afterward. I have a feeling having the newborn is really exacerbating things for you.

16 months later I did a 5:15 century ride with my brother and am racing cyclocross this year. I got back to about 95-98 % and I feel like I continue to improve.

1) Have you tried dimming the brightness on your monitor? Also, have you considered going to a neuro-optometrist? Both those things helped me, and I still have to wear glasses occasionally to this day. This might just have to do with being in my mid-40s!

2) Also, I think this is due to your vision being really messed up. I'd seriously consider visiting with an optometrist who specializes in managing vision after TBI.

3) I can't imagine going through PCS with a newborn. It was hard enough with a 5 and 9 year old! I have feeling this is one of the reasons your symptoms are really lingering. Are there long blocks of time that you can sleep?

Hang in there!
seth8a is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote