View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 11:21 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinsfan7 View Post
Question....I have been suffering from PCS from two concussions I recieved last year. Since I have gotten those concussions, I have developed this shortness of breath every once in a while. I have never passed out or hyperventilated from it, but it was never there before the concussions. I have gotten an EKG of my heart and it was fine and a chest X ray that was normal. I have had anxiety and hypochondria my whole life, but I am just curious to know if shortness of breath is a symptom or no?
I am an SLP by profession, but now have my second concussion. This one was on concrete...huge hematoma on orbital..thought I would lose my sight and my front teeth but they are ok. Now one week later, I have shortness of breath today with any exertion...I have had either a friend or relative with me around the clock until today. I am 73 and this is my first day home. I have seen all my docs this week...had EKG and CTs..I do have bipolar disorder..all my life, panic and anxiety. I have asthma also. My asthma was ok today...used the rescue inhaler this a.m. and my peak flow is good. Only change, is I have no one here now..(housekeeper here for few hours)...I am guessing that since I stay on top of my cardio health, this is anxiety/depression as part of the PCS. I see my neuro today at 5 p.m. So will talk to him about it too. I am sleeping like the dead I am so tired. Have some nausea, had a few procedural memory issues (standing in front of microwave puzzled how to increase time) and find it hard to multitask...so will be checking back to see if anyone else here had the shortness of breath....day after the concussion when my whole face was torn up and hematoma the size of an egg, I went from Doctor to Doctor without shortness of breath, but I am guessing shock...and that takes awhile to wear off.
tmgrl4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote