View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 12:53 PM
anon122822

anon122822

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangOn View Post
Hello, I found this thread while looking up info on the amino therapy program. My husband had been using the program for depression/anxiety NOT Parkinson's, but it's the same program, just modified a bit. He was seeing some changes by the third month but just couldn't take the nausea from the l-cysteine anymore and so stopped. This has been the only thing that has ever helped and so I've been trying to find a way to deal with the nausea. The doctor we were dealing with didn't have any suggestions except "it will pass" or to come up more slowly, which didn't work either. Have any of you on the program dealt with nausea and how did you resolve it? Thanks!
At what times was he taking the L-Cysteine? 20% of patients experience GI upset if they take the CysReplete in the morning thus it is advised to not take the CysReplete until the 2nd dosage of the day at noon, then 4 pm, then 7 pm. So if he was taking it with the first dosage in the morning you could try waiting to start taking the CysReplete until the 2nd dosage of the day.

What is the total amount of amino acids he was on? Since he has depression and anxiety it is likely that to achieve optimal results changes in dosage are done by doing lab tests. Is this the case? Or was he found to be dopamine dominant? I'm just wondering if you are certain that the nausea is from the Cysteine and not from him taking a substantial amount of L-dopa.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote