View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 02:47 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Vision contributes a lot to balance. The vestibular therapist should check you for eyes open and eyes closed balance. If your eyes closed balance is close to normal but your eyes open balance is poor, it suggests you need to get the vision issue resolved. A behavioral optometrist can be helpful. Health Care Locator Custom

Neuro-ophthalmologists do not have a good track record based on posts on NT. But, every neuro-ophthalmologist is different.

You could start your exam with the VT by asking, Is my balance problem mostly caused by a vision problem ?
Thanks for that. I will certainly ask that question to the VT.

Do you have any theories on why dizziness would start a month and half into PCS? Like i said in the other thread, I wasn't really dealing with much dizziness at the start but the since the hot bath on thursday, I've been dealing with dizziness and balance issues. My theory is that the blood pressure drop etc from the hot bath was too much for the concussed mind to handle and was a bit of a relapse and lead to dizziness.

In your experience, do you know how long relapses last for and go back to "normal" before the relapse event?
an_also is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote