View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 04:24 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

JOHN_TITOR,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

No, that was not a concussion. It takes quite an impact to cause a concussion. It was a head bump with related trauma to your skin and the nerve layers beneath. It takes about 50 to 60 G's to cause a concussion.

Life will serve up plenty of these head bumps and possibly a real concussion if you are not lucky. Anxiety is a good way to increase your risk as it can negatively impact coordination. Getting a handle on your OCD and anxiety will reap great benefits. Many of us have found good brain nutrition strengthens our tolerance for stress. The Vitamins sticky at the top has a good regimen. I encourage you to be pro-active and help you brain out.

You could have someone help you with desensitization training by touch and tapping on your head with their fingers as you sit with your eyes closed. You goal is to learn to not respond. Responses and be learned and unlearned. It will take many separate sessions for this unlearned response to help.

I almost forgot, John Titor. You can go back to the future to learn about the latest in concussion science. LOL

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
J0HN_TIT0R (08-31-2016), thorx89 (09-01-2016)