View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 02:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Tongue Sure Sounds It to Me, But Here's the Thing...

i think that what you're describing sounds exactly like some of my very own original TOS sx, dawn. but does it really matter whether it's coming from your TOS or your cervical syndrome, or something else, i mean... especially if you are not contemplating having any more surgery at this time?

i sometimes think we can drive ourselves a little crazy trying to figure out WHY we have some of these bizarre sx, and WHERE they are coming from. i know i do that to myself, anyhow. maybe it helps me postpone the inevitable just a little bit longer as i stumble and fumble down the tortuous path i'm on; who knows...right?

because what really needs to happen is i need to take an action and get myself into a good PT program when this kind of stuff starts raging out of control! and since i know i have TOS, that always, always, must be with a practitioner who is expert at working with a TOS protocol.

i am so envious of you, dawn, that you now have the opportunity to work with neil over at loma linda. he is going to be so good for you! now, dr. reynolds may not call what he does "PT" per se, and maybe that is a separate rx, but if i were you i would start with neil for the acupuncture and acupressure using the rx from that doc.

then get neil in a dialogue as he is working on you in one of your sessions, about the sx you describe here plus all of your other sx, dawn, and as things start unfolding, if it turns out that you do need to start a "western" type PT protocol in addition to what neil has to offer, then he will, i am sure, be able to recommend someone right there at loma linda for you to see in that capacity. it's one-stop shopping for you, from now on, girl!

just so everyone knows what i'm referring to here, neil is a wonderful man of thai heritage whom i met a few years ago through a facility related to the pain clinic dawn is involved with right now. he is just incredible, one of those people you meet if you're lucky who is a great healer. this was a year before my TOS dx and this man truly helped me and taught me a great deal. he is not only an acupuncturist and an acupressurist, but a t'ai chi master, a registered nurse and a major in the US army (he used to set up MASH units all over the world; i believe he has since retired his commision, however...). he lectures about the mind/body/spirit connection and just has an amazing amount of knowledge and wisdom... and the ability to bring out the best in people. funny as hell, and most importantly he will unblock your chi and help you to help your body "remember" how to HEAL...

you lucky duck!

alison
Sea Pines 50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote