View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 03:22 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Grade I Anterolisthesis but Nerve Issues Say More?

A CT searching for more kidney stones (no more found, yay!) found an old L5 fracture that resulted in a bilateral pars defect. When I saw old, I mean, old... as in 12 years old. Trampoline accident when I was 10 that we never got checked out because "Nurses' Kid Syndrome". Grew up with an ER and an ICU nurse, so if you weren't dying, bleeding to death, or didn't have a compound fracture, you were "fine".

Looks like we dun goofed on that one. The CT identified it as Grade I anterolisthesis L5 of S1 slippage, meaning less than 25% slippage... but I think it's pinching my spinal cord and causing curvature of the spine.

Even when I'm sitting forward, I feel like I'm sitting slightly offset.
Certain portions of the bottoms of my feet burn like hell.
My legs tingle and there are pinprick sensations on my legs, sometimes my arms.
My upper back tires easily.
My lower back is weak.
Lower back pain is getting more frequent and worse.
My legs try to give on me just walking around campus wearing my backpack (which doesn't even have textbooks in it; not that heavy at the moment).
Had the right side from about the S1/L5 region to the knee go numb and then tingle and go warm.

Odd thing. Supposed to see a spine guy. Don't really want to and can't really afford it due to a Functional Neurological Disorder episode sucker-punching me and knocking me out of work for roughly three months.

...I will... I just wanted some input to see if that sounded like Grade I, or if its just the possibility that it is Grade I and jacking with my spinal cord? Or the FND hasn't remitted to the extent that I thought it had.

Thanks
PatternsInTheIvy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote