View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 02:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
It is the same for me. I use topical now only, besides foods rich in mag.

I think it is a circulation issue. The body has high needs for magnesium and I don't think people with PN (or others for that matter, like smokers etc) get the mag into the periphery. The little blood vessels are either constricted, or it is sucked up elsewhere before it gets to the feet.

This is why I tend to recommend only topical now. I suppose some oral works for some people however, but it is difficult to prove that. The oral form also would take longer IMO, if only a little bit manages to get to the hands and feet.
mrsD I just purchased a brand of magnesium lotion called life flo magnesium lotion .. Here is their discription..Magnesium lotion is a highly concentrated lotion of pure magnesium chloride mined deep from under the earth's surface from the Zechstein Sea in the Netherlands. Formulated with rich shea butter and coconut oil.. Since mortons lotion has been discontinued I was hoping to find a suitable alternative .. Do you think this is a good magnesium and will it properly penetrate... I recently tested low in vit d (19) and I am currently taking 8000 iu daily for 3 months to bring it up.. I currently am not supplementing magnesium and I understand I should have magnisum with that.. Do you think the lotion will provide that and do you think getting my vit d level up to optimal will help with my neuropathy... Many thanks
jon mark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote