View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 09:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I'm not too clear on what's going on, but I will say that in my experience a diagnosis of fibromyalgia is a garbage bin diagnosis, so a diagnosis indicating that the physician just doesn't know what's going on. For a very long time, cases of small fiber neuropathy were misdiagnosed as fibromyalgia. The neurologist Dr. Oaklander has said that something like 50% of cases of the latter were actually the former. So if possible, I'd at least push for a skin punch biopsy, if you think you may have neuropathy that hasn't shown up on a nerve conduction study. But again I'm not too clear on what's going on with you. Either way, I wish you the best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianolp View Post
I went to a well recognized neurologist of my country, and he said I have probably fibromyalgia and neuropathy.I didnt understand well what he said but he said is part of central sensitization syndrome and I have to take medication neuromodulator, go a psychologist and do sports but first he have to discuss the diagnostic with my main doctor. And I can have emotional issues in it. I didnt know that fibromylgia is a kind of neuropathy. Also I read before that psychogenic state cant cause neuropathy but could aggravate it. Sorry for my english and weird post but just stuff to complement the post
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Marianolp (08-31-2016)