Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 09:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update of the update

I had a skin biopsy done in the spring. While I have had large fiber neuropathy confirmed since 2011 and sfn symptoms for a long time it was not confirmed.

Today I received the results from the biopsy.

left calf- normal value >4.4 my nerve fiber density 0.0

left lower thigh normal value >6.0 my nerve fiber density 3.8

left upper thigh normal value >7 my nerve fiber density 1.8

Abnormal nerve fiber density at all sites. This is consistent with a severe neuropathy affecting small nerve fibers.

On the plus side the morphology is normal on what is present & despite results worse than I expected I am holding on fairly well. I struggle at times with pain, fatigue often, but I am going to do a sleep study to see if apnea plays in at all on that front.

It is good to have the hard numbers, but I am still startled a bit by them, especially the calf one.
KnowNothingJon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (09-01-2016), indigo (09-01-2016), madisongrrl (09-03-2016), mrsD (09-03-2016), onlyhuman (09-01-2016), pinkynose (09-01-2016), St George 2013 (09-03-2016)