View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 06:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSD31 View Post
i had total shoulder replacement and the pain is like holy cow right on top i had it on August 24 an they want me to cut down on pain meds but RSD is fire right up they only gave me 4mg of Dilaudid every 4 hrs an only pills for 7 days so i called for refill an they hit the **** fan about so i said find do or don't refill if i don't get i don't care i tried of being just a number an i will have my wife drive to the hospital or have the hospital move me then but the pain is at a 10 and my whole arm is burning. talk to my PM Doctor about what was going on she said she sent a letter an to help them treat me. she said that she would get a call in to the doc who did the surgery to help. i'm so tried of fighting to get help
and have beg because i do not fit the norm. every time i keep tell them that i RSD they look at as its no big deal. i wish i could take torch with me an fire it up say them you hold your hands on the flame an hold it there for 5mins so i can say suck it no big deal so too vent but i'm going out of mind.

Don't they have you on any anti-seizure meds (those are the best for nerve pain). Just asking. Heavy duty meds, like "narcotics" aren't the primary med for RSD as they can only take away a certain percentage of the pain. I'm surprised at this.
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PurpleFoot721 (09-02-2016), St George 2013 (09-03-2016)