View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 12:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you billbobby. I have been reading on Hinz......since 2008. He and his daughter appeared initially to me to be more businesspeople than DR/daughter.....

The companies' owners, Martin C. Hinz of Florida and his daughter Amy Gunthert-Hinz of Duluth, signed a consent decree Tuesday agreeing to change their marketing tactics.

Their attorney Josiah Lamb said neither Hinz nor his daughter would comment. In a statement, CHK said its products are safe and effective.

"We have been in contact with representatives of the FDA, and we expect to resolve this matter shortly by making appropriate changes to our promotional materials and resume selling," it said.

Hinz holds an active medical license in Minnesota, where he attended the University of Minnesota Medical School, according to the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice.

The companies' owners, Martin C. Hinz of Florida and his daughter Amy Gunthert-Hinz of Duluth, signed a consent decree Tuesday agreeing to change their marketing tactics.

However, the board has taken several disciplinary actions against him, starting in 1996 when it suspended his license after he was hospitalized in Duluth for bipolar disorder with sleep deprivation. Later actions show continued concern over his ability to practice. It suspended his license again in 2001 after a skills audit "identified concerns with [his] medical knowledge, prescribing practices, competency, and recordkeeping," but stayed the suspension contingent on his full compliance with the terms, provisions and deadlines set by the board. The license was reinstated in 2005.

"concerns with [his] medical knowledge, prescribing practices, competency, and recordkeeping"

not what I look for in a DR......but that's just me.....and I am fairly well versed in the pairing of a carboxyl and an amino and their participation in proteins....

peace

BP
backpacker11500 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
badboy99 (09-02-2016), eds195 (09-01-2016)