View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 03:17 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I don't have an answer for you. You may be paying too much attention to your symptoms.

How dizzy do you get ?

When do you get dizzy ? What kind of activity or movement causes dizziness ?

It appears the the dizzy spell from the hot bath never went away. BUT, the hot bath could cause a dizzy spell for people without a concussion just due to how it causes blood flow to change for a short while. I've experienced that many times from hot tubs and saunas. That dizziness resolves once the body cools down and the person starts moving.

I think it is likely that the hot bath dizziness got you focused on any amount of dizziness. Anxiety about dizziness will make even minor dizziness much worse.

My suggestion is to get on with your life and if you get a moment of dizziness, deal with it by stopping for a moment and then move on. Chances are that by not focusing on it, it will diminish over time.

A vestibular therapist may be helpful but it is crap shoot. If you exhibit minor vestibular issues, will she emphasize them or down play them. If she is looking for a patient to bill, she may emphasize minor issues. Nobody can say.

Have you looked into the Epley Maneuver ? It helps reorient the crystals in the inner ear than can be out of place. That should be the first assessment before any other treatment. You can get self-help instructions for Epley and similar techniques on YouTube.

If you see the VT, ask for an Epley assessment first. Then, vision related balance, eyes closed vs eyes open balance.

At less than 2 months, you could still spontaneously get better. Nobody can say. But, focusing on minor symptoms does not help you get better.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote