View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 09:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Annie
The paint I was exposed to is a Marine paint that has xylene, naptha, mineral spirits and other chemicals in it. I saw an allergist who thinks that there could be a possible connection between the paint exposure and my worsening condition. He did testing for complement C immunodeficiency and mast cell disease. Nothing definitive yet. I have to get my blood tested for Tryptase within fours hours of my next angioedema episode. I now carry an epipen, just in case.

My heart rate was spiking up to the 150s while I was monitored in the hospital. No blood gases were done.
The Cardiologist says he can use the monitor information in place of a holter monitor to determine what is going on with my heart. The working diagnosis is SVT. I could not take the metoprolol as it made me too weak. Next, they are having me try low dose Cardizem. Fingers crossed

I am also being evaluated by a gastroenterologist for my continued dysphasia.

I have been checked for Lupus many times in the past. My blood work is always normal although I have had many other signs and symptoms over the years.

I am feeling better on the prednisone (hate it) and have avoided Plex so far. It has been a real struggle to keep a positive attitude through these health challenges. I have always had a pretty well controlled disease course until this summer. I have a greater appreciation and understanding for all my fellow MGers these days.
The support here is awesome. Friends and family really don't get it.
Thanks
Sandy
sandy56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (09-05-2016)