View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 09:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mine also started with a severe shocking pain across my right cheek from my ear to my jaw including my tongue and lips. I was standing in the kitchen on Saturday afternoon and the pain was so bad it took me to my knees. It lasted about 10 seconds but WOW. I then had one the next morning while getting out of bed. Damn! Went to the my doctor the following day - sent to have MRI - looked normal but that's not unusual. I spent the next 18 months in pure hell. I was moved from one anti-seizure drug to another. Triliptal, Gaba, Tegretol and a host of other drugs. Nothing worked. Ended up having to quit work and I Had been there for 14 years. I lost 35 year working career because of TN. I Had to stop driving because the maximum dosage of the drugs had me like a zombie plus I didn't want to have an "episode" while behind the wheel. Neurologist sent me to a Neurosurgeon. Scheduled for MVD surgery 2 weeks later. The surgery gave me my life back literally. The Surgeon found multiple blood vessels "tangled" (his word) with the nerve. That was 6 years ago and I have been fine since.

I have NEVER felt pain like this before.....
"Thanks for this!" says:
jjlsongbird (09-07-2016)