View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 11:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I definitely agree with what you said. I do post when I'm in "crisis" mode. Yesterday, I just had a small flare up in symptoms. I tend to get caught up in the moment, and have trouble taking a step back often.

The truth is, is that I've had significant improvement in the past month and a half. This past Sunday, I actually went to church at a cathedral, went to a very noisy restaurant without wearing earplugs, and visited with my aunt and uncle for a couple hours. That's the most I've done in probably two years. And I didn't even crash the next day.

I do not think I am overdoing the syntonics and vision therapy, however. I've actually been doing syntonics less than they recommend (1x a day) because my eyes can't tolerate it everyday. I do it two days on, one day off. I have been doing the vision therapy as much as they recommend though, and I have been able to read, write, and study for longer periods of time.

*What am I doing to move forward with my life?* Good question. I've been exercising a lot more, being careful not to overdo it. I'm taking one online class through a local community college, which keeps me a more organized and with more of a routine and schedule. I'm staying in touch with friends and relatives more. I'm taking supplements, eating very healthy, sleeping well, playing guitar, doing brain exercises, seeing a psychologist, and doing random reading of posts and podcasts and listening to videos.

I think I just need to be patient and be content with the progress that I am making. I saw my aunt on Sunday, who is a speech pathologist working with TBI patients. She said I'm doing the right things, and that she thinks I just need to get out there more. So I'm trying to do that, obviously without overdoing it.

Thanks for the responses as always, Mark! You're extremely valuable to this NT community.
JBuckl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote