View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Yes, get out there more. BUT, that does not mean you spend hours in sounds, sights, and other stimulus. If two hours are a problem such that you can only do it once every few weeks, do more frequent shorter duration activities.

I've been through this. I pushed just a bit beyond my tolerance level but did it frequently. I don't push into a setback, just an awareness of hitting my limit. Over time, I can go a bit longer before I am aware of hitting my limit.

Regarding Syntonics. I find it odd that there is no online information except by the Syntonics people and those promoting it. The clinical studies do not appear in any peer reviewed journals. It is not a broadly supported therapy.

In reading the study, I see three issues. Most achieve the changes within a short time span of a 6 weeks or less. The rate of improvement is widely varied and includes some negative changes. Some cases show improvement then a degradation. Most of the subjects used in the studies have learning disabilities.

I don't see any mention of sympathetic nervous system reset. There are comments about stimulating the sympathetic nervous system.

My point is. Don't get overly obsessed with the idea that Syntonics will fix you. It may help or hurt.

I've learned that any doctor or therapy that does no show positive change deserves to be questioned. Chiropractic neurologists or functional neurologists as they now prefer, possibly to avoid the term chiropractor, have this same track record of helping some, doing nothing for others and causing increased symptoms for others. No amount of salesmanship can overcome the inadequacy of doctors and therapies that do not work for every patient.

Your list of activities exhausts me yet I don't see anything that shows short term productivity. No job or activities that have a productive result. Doing things that generate a sense of productivity is very important. The brain chemistry that results from feeling productive leads to improvements in symptoms.

Maybe you could find some tasks that give you a sense of accomplishment outside taking an online class, even if it is delivering pizzas and coming home with a pill of tips.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote