Thread: to artist
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 05:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

thank you all for your encouragement - for helping me to see that i am doing the right thing for my children and me. thank you molly for calling me a hero. i would like to think that every mother would do the same, but sadly i know it isn't true.

so here is what i did today... i went back to the homeless coalition and a lady that volunteers there helped me write my resume. i have applied for a couple of jobs on monster and have taken apps for several area establishments. i emailed a womens shelter at a friends request to see what it was all about - i can't stay here much longer because of space. i called my mechanic back home and told him to bring the trailer to work tomorrow and that i would drive home and meet him at the shop. that way if i break down, he can come and get my van and drive it home on the trailer. my sister is driving behind me halfway and my dad is meeting me for the other half. i called the library to make sure they got the movies and the books back that were overdue.

<breathe>

and in the meantime, i managed to take my kids and my niece and nephew to the library for game day, went and got dairy queen and went to the park. i did some laundry, made some lunch, cleaned my nieces room and fixed a broken bluetooth headset.

one day at a time peeps.

love,
a

OH! I FORGOT TO TELL YOU ABOUT WHAT MY CHURCH DID/SAID. my husband talked to our pastor today and told me that the pastor suggested we go to marriage counseling (which we've done in the past). i asked him if he said to get help for himself first and THEN go to counseling. he said nope. then he asked me to give him a yes or no answer on whether or not i want a divorce. is that a yes or no answer? and should he be making demands right now???

THEN (you're gonna love this one) i got an email from my sunday school prayer person that puts out the weekly prayer sheet. it said "please pray for josh and angie's marriage. angie and the kids are now staying with her sister in the champaign area" (not true - we are in SOUTHERN illinois, not central). WTF? i am so MAD because that is just plain gossip. i would understand if they said "pray for josh, angie and family."

so be it.

shalom (by the way, a professor in college used to say this all the time on our way out - i've merely adopted it. and for those who don't know, it means peace.........................)

- e. e. cummings
unrouley1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote