Thread: Hernias
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Especially difficult are the Ventral (abdominal) incisional hernias. They are often due to the incision from previous abdominal surgery not healing properly, as well as straining; just among a few of the causes. Unfortunately; narcotic meds causing constipation also add to the worsening of these hernias. They can be particularly worrisome because of strangulation if not repaired. Unfortunately 15 - 20 % recurrence rate after repairs.

I am dealing with the aftermath of Abdominal incisional hernia repair surgery with mesh that took place in November, 2015. By Feb. 2016 I developed Diastasis Recti (separation of the abdominal muscle. This of course has now added to the fact of worsening due to straining; again from opioid constipation. I am taking up to 4 Miralax doses daily trying to keep a consistency that can pass with the least amount of straining hoping to keep the abdomen from worsening the widening/sagging due to the muscle separation.

I am sure there are some that have similar hernias as well as those in other areas. Pam is trying through managing hers in an attempt to avoid surgery.
Pray she is successful.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (09-04-2016), PurpleFoot721 (09-04-2016)