Thread: New Diagnosis
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 02:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

You might want to ask for an X-ray to see if you have patchy osteoporosis, a hallmark of RSD. Despite a classic presentation similar to yours, it took almost a year for me to be diagnosed. The X-rays confirmed it for the rheumatologist I saw. Unfortunately, despite being in a major city I was unable to find a doctor knowledgeable about RSD. It was somewhat comforting to know what was wrong, but alas no one was able to help me. This plus an incidental finding of a brain aneurysm drove me to research on the Internet.

I found Low Dose Naltrexone, which no doctor would prescribe for me. My life was pretty bleak at this point, as I was out of my mind with pain and misery, so my husband ordered LDN from an overseas supplier. LDN saved me.

Serendipitously right after I became more mobile and had less pain from LDN I visited a friend's pool and discovered that I was able to walk, run, hop in the water. My PT recommended Aqua PT for me, which I started doing this past May, because of my success with it I highly recommend Aqua PT along with LDN.

Feel free to message me if you desire further information.

Last edited by BioBased; 09-04-2016 at 03:02 PM.
BioBased is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (09-04-2016), PurpleFoot721 (09-04-2016)