View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Well, Jane, I can't say that I'm surprised!

MG does run in some families. You guys hit the jackpot. Now you have to be on the lookout for any children to have symptoms as well.

Don't get too down. There are treatments that can help you regain some strength and get back to doing some things, as I'm sure you know already.

It sure sounds like MG. Why? Because what you are describing is fatigable muscle weakness, the hallmark of MG. Static weakness, such as that in polymyositis, doesn't get worse and then improve with rest. Any of the 640 skeletal muscles can be affected by MG. Fun, right?!

If you do have MG, learn as much as you can! Home

Don't push yourself! That's the worst thing you can do with MG, besides ignoring that it exists.

I'm really sorry that you're sick. You're lucky in a way that you have two siblings who have gone through it with MG. They can tell you what has worked or what hasn't, or any complications they've experienced.

Don't be too down about it, though. Wait until you get a diagnosis and then figure out what treatments are right for you. Adapting a life can be fun, actually. Use those disability carts in the stores. Not a 4-wheeler, but better than walking! Maybe you do have to change things. Reinvent your life, then!

Ask as many questions as you need to. There's a lot to learn about MG. In the meantime, take it easy!!! Stay out of the heat and rest up.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ErinBear (09-05-2016), FREDH (09-05-2016), Jane1 (09-05-2016), pingpongman (09-04-2016)