View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 03:57 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default TBI and MVA. Cannot recognize faces

Hello everyone.
I had an MVA in Jan 2016. There were many injuries. SOme healed , some did not. Lots of facial trauma from airbag which has me really sad....Lung and leg and foot and knee and mouth.

All this has caused me great stress. HOWEVER, the one that has blindsided me and one I was not expecting was TBI. I thought airbags were preventing brain damage. Not so. They are reducing severity but not number of brain injuries. So instead of widespread brian damage I "only" have TBI.

But it is not "only" at all. I first noticed it when people would come up to me and say HI (my name)! And I did not know who they were. One lady even related that we had just, two days before, had a full conversation about our names!!

This happens a lot now. I can tell people I knew REALLY well before the accident. I can also tell people who have something which distingusihes them. Sometimes once they start to talk, it kicks in.

I also get lost all the time, seriously lost, like blowing out half a tank of gas over three hours in a TEN MILE RADIUS trying to find a way out. I also cannot read like I used to and forget what I was in the middle of.

My parents say I am nicer than before, which is funny to me. I want to be nice. I guess they are saying I was a bit of a prickly one before? Haha. So I am glad there is some benefit. But I am so depressed that I tried to end my life in July. I dont feel like me. I was an academic and now I am not able to do that anymore.

Has anyone else had this weird symptom?

All of it together, the other injuries, the brain, the face, etc....has me really down. Hope to connect with others here.
okrad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote