View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 05:32 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence93 View Post
I posted here a few months back regarding my PCS/Anxiety situation. All my doctors were unsure if my anxiety was self brought or if hitting my head was the cause. I suffered for several months, occasionally taking ativan for sleep when finally I decided to just take Zoloft as my psych had been trying to get me to take the whole time. Personally I don't feel like the Zoloft did much. I'm still currently on 75mg which is a small dose. I found an article that changed my life and situation. Here is the link: postconcussionsyndromerecovery.blogspot.com/p/my-post-concussion-syndrome-story.html

I live in mid ohio and at first felt pittsburgh PA was a far drive. After having no luck for a long time I finally said screw it, this Dr. Collins at the UPMC had to have seen these types of situations before. I've went twice since and I must say I feel about 70% better since going. They discovered that I have some sort of vestibular issue which they are not sure is caused by PCS. They put me on a home workout routine and its been working greatly for me. I still have a little anxiety but I'm continuing to conquer it. I can drive, be by myself, and do everything I wasn't able to a couple months ago now.

If you live within a few hours it may be worth checking out to all struggling with PCS or relating conditions. Otherwise I would try to find a sports medicine concussion program in your area, or somewhere that offers an IMPACT test so you can be evaluated and hopefully assigned a program designed to help your symptoms. I just figured being 6 months into this issue I would write this to help others struggling. I had to do too much research to get good help and I hope this can help someone else.
Thanks for sharing this article.
Stay on is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote