View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 06:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm not sure what Brain State Technologies would be classified as... you can check out their website (www.brainstatetechnologies.com) if you want to, that will probably have more information than I could provide. From what I've heard though, a BST machine basically runs all of these diagnostic tests on your brain, and maps out the way that each section of it is operating on a brain wave level (I don't know how this is done, but apparently it's pretty accurate). The machine then provides a counter balance to your brain waves to bring them to where they're supposed to be (there's a certain frequency and wavelength that brain waves operate on when a person is in a state of good mental health).

This probably doesn't make any sense... but to over simplify things, imagine that the left hemisphere of your brain is supposed to be producing brain waves that would register as a 5 by this BST machine, but instead it's producing brain waves that register as an 8. The machine then produces a counter balance of waves at a 2 level, which eventually pull your 8 back down to a 5, where it's supposed to be.

I don't know if this is anything like neurofeedback, as I've never tried that stuff out or heard anything about it, but you can be the judge of that.

As far as craniosacral stuff goes, it was obvious to me after my first appointment that the work was doing something positive, though I didn't start to get the really profound effects until a few appointments later. I kept waking up in the middle of the night (this was not at all rare for me at this time) and it was like my body had a craving for more of the therapy (sort of like when you wake up and you really want a glass of orange juice or something, except I was craving this therapy). So that's when I knew it was working for me. Nothing works for everyone of course, especially when it comes down to matters of the brain, so it might not be the answer for you (it hasn't been the entire answer for me, just a very very large chunk of it), I just highly recommend it from personal experience.

Thanks for sharing your story, by the way. It's good to know that someone else's story is as random as mine.
PCS McGee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote