View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 11:18 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Thanks Mark...yes, hematoma question main. On face above brow, so not inside brain.....Six weeks gives me a reference for it to go always so thanks. The dermatologist said it could take weeks to resolve...it reduced, then was spongy/hard and yellow but past few days has turned purple, not smaller so maybe that is a good sign.

No gabapentin. I have a great psychiatrist who was head of our psychiatry department at our hospital for many years. I have seen him every four or five weeks for over twenty years. He doesn't want me to change any of the meds I take that have helped for over 20 years. So recently, he told me (as did my regular neuro) to take .5mg klonopin if a I experience the vestibular/anxiety/panic symptoms, which I only got when I first drove yesterday.

Have had full hormone workups...I do have diabetes, but in perfect control since I got it with no meds, just diet and exercise. Again, psychiatrist wants me to take no supplements that aren't warranted by tests showing problems.With my bipolar disorder being so well controlled, adding something unknown with my sensitivity to anything new, isn't needed at present. I have little to no pain, other than the severely sprained wrist. I have taken no narcotics either in over 20 yeare and have had hip replacement with severe pain before and still no pain meds other than Tylenol, which I do take and keep to about 1000 to 1500 mg a day PRN. I have had all tests for neuropathy and do have that, radiculopathy and osteoarthritis , poly, and need nothing for pain....maybe meditation and relaxation have helped me with pain issues. Hopefully no need for Neurontin.

Thanks...mostly looking for support here. Hematoma help. Now I realize it can take much longer than two to three weeks to resolve. Heading out now to drive to two places and see how that goes.

I can't use SSRIs anyhow with bipolar, just the atypical antidepressant REMERON. Most of my life especially for first five years after I stopped drinking, I would go 4 or 5 days with no sleep, trigger a mania/agitation/anxiety episode...AA said throw away any "pills" you were on. I did and wanted to die when I got this psychiatrist twenty years ago, but I know what I am like with no meds at least, since I did that first five years sober, but depressed, panic, agoraphobic, anxious. NOw I pretty much have a normal sleep /wake cycle with this protocol and it has worked for over twenty years. No trouble sleeping with this PCS. Vestibular disorder symptoms back though with anxiety and sensitivities being out. Good idea to avoid busy time. Worst wil be this Friday . Drive is about 5 miles local streets from my house so should be able to handle it. Can't drive above 40-45 miles per hour anyhow because of my primary vestibular disorder.
tmgrl4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote