View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 01:08 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Looking for a second opinion about a possible concussion?

Hey! I just found this forum, and am curious if anyone would have a second opinion on a possible concussion?

A few weeks ago I hit my head on a wooden bar by standing up into it. I got immediately worried I had received a concussion, but I didn't have any immediate symptoms. However about 10 minutes later I did get nauseus.

We ended up flying to another state for vacation that night, and I didn't get any sleep for about 30ish hours. The next day after I finally got to sleep I saw an urgent care doctor because I was still worried about having a possible concussion due to still having mild nausea.

He actually turned out to be a sports medicine doctor, and side he had a lot of experience with concussions. He didn't think that I had a concussion, because he said that while 10 minutes may seem like a short time between the hit and the symptoms, if it was an actual concussion, the nausea would be immediate. He thought it was mostly a combination of anxiety and lack of sleep. Funny, but the nausea went away very soon after leaving his office.

But I'm curious if anyone has a second opinion? I also didn't have any headache, which I would think I would have if I had a concussion...
Anxiety is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote