View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 07:31 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Wow! I am amazed at your response. You really get it. I am sad that you had so many concussions and that is the reason why you get it, but you are kind to try to help me understand this.
Yes, it is probably mTBI. All the other injuries hid it and I never got it looked at. Not once! No Dr even asked me. It was not till my sister in law was all upset and showed me the animated brain thing that shows the airbag hitting a person. Hits to the front, then the back and sometimes to the front again!

I would like to think it would have been worse without that monstrous thing. If I had had your daughter's injuries, I feel I could have recovered. I am about to lose many teeth which cannot be replaced easily and that is disfiguring. My brain is not the same. I used to memorize a very long poem in another language and was up to 250 lines. I cannot do that now. I was going back to school. Sure, if my head was about to slam into the steering wheel, I am glad for the airbag, but I am afraid I would prefer a broken sternum to the long term injuries I am looking at.

How fast was your daughter going? I was doing 55 on the highway and a lady pulled right into traffic (she was on her phone) creating a wall, so it was 55 to 0 in 1 second.

I love your idea of the map on the wall! That is very creative. I may try that.

I am really glad you pointed out these particulars because I am going to a neuro. Can you believe the first appt is in APRIL?! I think that is too far because they never did any imaging on me and for all I know there could be a bruise or something, but maybe not.

I hope you have a good night. I will be thinking about these things and will keep trying . I thought by 7 months it would be OK (it was Jan).
okrad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote